What Goes into the Cost of Our Service Call and Diagnostic
On average, a legitimately run service business profits about 12% of every dollar charged to customers throughout any given year. This means that a company like ours profits 12 cents to every dollar that the customer puts forward. But what exactly goes into the rest of the cost of one of our service calls?
At Central One Service, we believe in full transparency with our customers. By knowing all of the components that help us perform a comprehensive diagnostic, you will be able to see why the cost of one of our service calls is always fair and reasonable.
- Service Vans – This includes the purchase of each service technician’s van as well as maintenance, taxes, and commercial automotive insurance.
- Fuel – This includes the cost of fuel for our technicians to drive to our customers home, supply house, shop, etc.
- Tools – This includes everything from simple hand tools to state-of-the art diagnostic equipment that will help perform accurate diagnostic and complete the repair correctly. Quality tools = quality repairs.
- Van Stock – We stock each van with hundreds of different parts, repair materials, diagnostic tools, and more in order to complete our customers’ repairs and have them back to normal as fast as possible.
- Liability Insurance – We take great care to protect your home while we are visiting, but unintended mistakes can occur. When we are at fault, we want to ensure you are protected.
- Technician Training – The initial training (field training) done with one of our senior technicians is the first step to developing a technician. From there, we use multiple in-state and out-of-state schools to teach them about the equipment they service inside and out. We also have each technician complete continued education throughout their career to keep them abreast of new products as well as to sharpen their skills on existing products we service.
- Mobile Technology – Each service technician is provided a company phone and tablet to help them perform their jobs with accuracy and precision. With access to dozens of technical sites, our specialists have the tools available to them to accurately diagnose and repair any problem, regardless of the complexity of the problem.
- Benefit Plans – We offer our technicians vacation, sick, PTO, Safety days, and bereavement.
- Taxes and Legal – As a small business, we require professional accountants to ensure we stay within the tax codes. Also, we require legal counsel for any large business transaction.
- Marketing – This includes website and mobile website digital marketing like social media presence, blogging, and survey management. This ensures better communication with our customers, which allows us to make continued improvements. From our print presence, such as phone book ads, to our digital presence with inbound marketing and local SEO, marketing is one of our top expenditures to keep our company growing.
- Office Equipment – This includes desk, computers, phone system, high-speed internet, and the software that manages different aspects of the business.
- Office Building – Our technicians dispatch from their home. However, our office employees–who answer your calls and manage the technician’s day–need a dedicated environment to get their work done efficiently. Also, this building is used as a workshop in order to store additional parts for after hours calls or as a place for our customers to drop off equipment that may need extensive repair.
- Workman’s Compensation – We pay workman’s compensation for each employee. Not only does this protect the employee, but it also protects the customer. Companies without workman’s compensation for their employees put the customer in direct risk of civil law suits if a technician is injured while working in their home.
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into a diagnostic call. However, this is all done to ensure that you are getting the best quality of work for every dollar that you spend with us. Let us know if you have any questions about any of the services on this list, and don’t forget to call us today to set up an appointment!
Providing HVAC Services & Heating Repair to Little Rock
For almost 40 years, we’ve provided outstanding heating and air repair and service in Little Rock, Arkansas, and surrounding areas.
You’ll always get fast, friendly service from our expert heating and air technicians.
We provide FREE service calls with your repairs.